Sunday, March 13, 2005

Albums of the year so far

Seeing how it took me forever to put together a top albums of 2004 list this year I thought I'd be better off starting early. With that in mind here are my top 10 of 2005 up until this point. I have several albums that still need to be listened to that have already been released so if they qualify I'll put them on the next list.

On the off chance you'd want to buy one of these fine selections, follow the links, amazon.ca should have them all. I'll even split the commission with you if you want, so you might even end up saving yourself a quarter.

PS. These rankings are very loosely based, order is more for entertainment purposes than anything else.

10. Jack Johnson - In Between Dreams (Brush Fire Records)

09. Eisley - Room Noises (Reprise)

08. Via Satellite - Cities Are Temples (Loud and Clear Records)

07. Bloc Party - Silent Alarm (Vice)

06. The Game - The Documentary (Aftermath/G Unit/Interscope)

05. Final Fantasy - Has A Good Home (Blocks)

04. The Wedding Present - Take Fountain (Manifesto)

03. ...And You Will Know Us By The Trail Of Dead - Worlds Apart (Interscope)

02. Kaiser Chiefs - Employment (Universal)

01. Aqueduct - I Sold Gold (Barsurk)