Friday, October 15, 2004

What's new

Okay, so it's been a while since I last posted. School is going great right now, even though this semester I'm taking all my foundations courses- gotta get them out of the way at some point.

Went to the Killers show on Tuesday night at St. Andrew's Hall in Detroit. Needless to say, after hearing from my brother who went to the Saturday show I pretty much was expecting a paint by numbers set, and sure enough that's what we got. Surferosa was good, I hadn't heard anything of theirs before but they have a lot of energy and the static crowd didn't give them much to work with.

Then again, this is the same crowd that was crowd surfing, moshing, and stage diving during the Killers' set. Detroit really has some great venues to hold shows in, but the crowds are always a mixed bag. This show was a perfect example that the bigger the band gets the more distant their audience truly becomes.

Ambulance Ltd. was the highlight of the evening for me. I had only heard their single, but their set was consistently good from start to finish. Given the material their stage presence was fairly entertaining as well. 50 bucks says the keybordist has ADHD, but at least he makes the best of it.