Saturday, January 22, 2005

In with the old, out with the new

So I'm watching The Wedge on Muchmusic, having no energy or money to go out, and I see the video for the new Postal Service song, which I do enjoy enormously.

After that that though, the next two 'new' songs they choose are The Scissor Sisters' Laura, followed by The Electric Six's Danger! High Voltage. Now correct me if I'm wrong, but The Scissor Sisters album was the highest selling in the UK in 2004. So a) this isn't really a new video, and b) either their label was slow to service the video to Muchmusic (unlikely) or b) Muchmusic is even getting lazy at programming the Wedge, one of the few reasons left to watch their channel. Even with all that said...

Slapping a 'new' bumper on the Danger! High Voltage video is absolutely ridiculous. First of all the song was released as a single in the UK in January. January 2003!!! Secondly, granted things take time for albums/singles to enter into different markets, but come on, two years? Explain logically how this even occurs and I'll give you the Rilo Kiley CD I still owe my brother...

And one last note, Funeral is now listed as the 13th highest selling album on Amazon.com, nestled between Maroon 5's Throngs about Pain (talk about 2003) and Kelly Clarkson's Fakeaway. Draw your own conclusions.