Thursday, June 02, 2005

Chicago Pictures


100_0142
Originally uploaded by MitM.

I put pictures online over at Flickr, check them here. Such a good trip, can't recommend Chicago any more highly. It's like Toronto, but trying. If you have the chance to go I would strongly advise you to do so. I don't think I saw a single ugly person all weekend. Which is probably a good thing, but looks should really be value-free.

As for the game itself, perfect atmosphere. The travelling English were diagonally across from us some we only got sparse amounts of singing but the crowd certainly was pro-Brit all the way. Kieran Richardson hit two nice goals on his debut (including a great freekick in the 4th minute) and the defence and midfield controlled the game in large spells.

Tomorrow I'll put up a bit of a summary from the Detroit leg of the adventure, although the events are already getting a little hazy in my head. In the meantime preparations have begun on the next trip, a slightly larger undertaking - Germany 2006. Only 12 months to go...