Saturday, July 02, 2005

CMJ 2005 Revealed

For those five people who haven't heard of the Arcade Fire by this point (I'm guessing you couldn't possibly have found your way to this site without knowing about them from somewhere else), their buzz really began picking up steam last year with a performance at the CMJ Music Marathon in New York City.

The lineup for the 2005 CMJ event was unveiled the other day, and does it ever promise to be something special in its 25th year. You don't know music industry buzz 'til you pour through this lineup (I'm just picking my favorites as of now, by the time September rolls around expect me to be liking the other half of the bill):

...amongst others. If any music industry type wants to hook up a free plane/train/bus ticket and some passes to shows I'll gladly find a dumpster to sleep in for a few days to check out these shows.